Tuesday, August 17, 2010

His Presence

something i'm learning: sitting in his presence. It's hard, harder than it should be. Jesus is everywhere, his Holy Spirit is living inside of me. Yet, I find it so hard to sit in his presence. Why is this? There is so much clutter in my life and in my head. I have the time. I have the space. its my head that I can't seem to clear. this song better explains his presence

(It even incorporates lyrics from Babylon by David Gray:)

"If you want it, come and get it, crying out loud.

The love that I was giving you was never in doubt.

Let go your heart, let go your head and feel it now…"

in his presence, there is rest, there is peace and there is quiet. I have a feeling pretty soon with this job and all that i am going to become semi-robotic with just going to work, coming home, eating, sleeping. I don't want to starve myself from his presence. I have been craving it and i long to quench the thirst. His presence is sweet.

on a similar note... I am currently praying for ways to be in community here in Nashville- a bible study, community group, youth group, discipleship, service. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

leah

No comments:

Post a Comment