Monday, November 22, 2010

thankful

Mags and I went to a worship service at our church, Fellowship, last night. It was such a refreshing experience to just sing worship songs to our Father for 2 hours. At one point, they opened the floor for people to share what they are thankful for. Everyone was thankful for a variety of different things. it made me realize how diverse we all are and we all struggle and go through so many different things, yet we are unified by the body of Christ.

I started thinking about what I am thankful for and realized that honestly, in 22 years, I am not sure if I have ever REALLY pondered what I am thankful for. I always say a few things, but really, am I thankful. Do I really have gratitude in my heart? and I think the answer has always been no. I really want to be overwhelmed with a feeling of Gratitude this year. I am beyond blessed. I mean, BEYOND blessed. i want to be able to feel this. I want to feel it in heart, in my inner-most self.

My prayer this week is that the Lord would feel me with sincere gratitude for alllllllllll the things he has blessed me with. Here is a list of some things I am thankful for, Big, small, serious and silly.

I am thankful for the freedom to worship my God in a world where the majority of people are unable.
I am thankful for a loving family, who has raised me to follow Christ and love him with all of my heart.
I am thankful for an abundance of friends, who pick me up, make me laugh, hold me accountable and love the Lord with me.
I am thankful for a job, that keeps me clothed, warmed, fed, and sheltered.
I am thankful for my salvation and the assurance of heaven.
I am thankful for a life full of joy and a life full of sorrow.
I am thankful for the hard times, because they draw me closer to the Lord and only make me more like him.
I am thankful for technology, to be able to communicate and maintain close relationships over hundreds of miles.
I am thankful for peanut butter and totinos pizza because they keep me full.
I am thankful for the ability to share Christ and the freedom to openly love him.
I am thankful for music because it speaks to me.
I am thankful for mom, because she is wise.
I am thankful for dad, because he provides for me and guides me in the way of Christ.
I am thankful for Sam, because although he is younger, he protects and leads me.
I am thankful for Anna because she is so caring and attentive.
I am thankful for Gracie because she is content and teaches me to enjoy simplicity.
I am thankful for my car that allows me to visit my family and friends and gets me to work.
I am thankful for a bed with sheets and blankets and pillows.
I am thankful for my health, my 5 senses, and the ability to get medicine when I am sick
I am thankful for heat/ac. and socks too. :)
I am thankful for Rob who protects me, takes care of me and make me laugh!
I am thankful for the ability to walk and run through my neighborhood.
I am thankful for seasons, the fall leaves, biting cold winters, spring flowers and hot summers.
I am thankful for coffee and diet coke which keep me alert and tummy full also.
I am thankful for Tupelo, where my roots lie and a wellspring of friends.
I am thankful for my education which has allowed me to have a job and keep me fed.
I am thankful for the means to get an education, which is from my parents jobs.
I am thankful for Auburn, because it has molded me into who I am today.

I am thankful for a God who loves me. who loves me? who LOVES me. who loves ME.
HE LOVES ME. What else could I need? Nothing. I need NONE of the things above except his love. Without Him, I am nothing.

"7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. " Philippians 3:7-11

He is my shepherd. I am his sheep. I am dumb and silly and lost, yet he continues over and over to provide for me and watch over me. He loves me and promises to guide me. He has clearly blessed me beyond my necessities but in the end, He is all I need and I am thankful.

Leah

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Sorry I missed the AMA's! I laughed out loud at the suspended sheep!

    ReplyDelete