Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Baking

Nashville Fall

It's Thanksgiving Week! I love Thanksgiving week...I am craving pecan pie and macaroni and cheese! I decided that, being a big girl now and all, I would contribute to our Thanksgiving Meal at my Grandmother's this year. Rob and I are heading out on Thursday morning to the lake to be with my family! I am planning on doing some baking tomorrow and I am going to the grocery store tonight! Anyone have some favorite Thanksgiving Recipes?

I am definitely making a Pumpkin Pie! It's Rob's favorite, I've actually never tried one. My friend, Laura says the recipe on the Pumpkin filling can is really good! Rob sent me this one earlier this morning:

  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)

This will be interesting... Ill let you know how it goes!

I am also going to be making, Oatmeal Cookie! They are my fave. I love PW's Oatmeal Crispie Recipe!

Also.... Publix Chocolate Chip cookies! Ever tried them? They are THE BEST. The recipe is on the back of the chocolate chip bag! Well... I am not much of a perfectionist, so therefore, not much of a baker, BUT... wish me luck, cause I am about to try these 3 things!

Also this week.... the Iron Bowl. More to come on that... Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment