Tuesday, March 29, 2011

JimmyJohns, Samford, FBCO, AU: these are a few of my favorite things!

Went to AU this past weekend and got to spend some gooooooood time with goooood people! Gosh, I know one day I will stop talking about how much I love that place, but I don't know if it gets much better. I love the small town, the roads, the food, the "spots." I got into town around 9pm and everyone was waiting on me to go get "Chill" (the NEW yogurt spot in town) I walked in Cap's house and literally dropped my bags with JOY at all the sweet faces! John-Michael, Adam, Hunter, Trey, Becca and Cap! It was joyous! I changed from my grown up clothes to college clothes (running shorts, tennis shoes, fiji shirt) in a matter of seconds and then we walked downtown. I was starving so our first stop was Jimmy Johns. I realize Jimmy Johns isnt local, but it is full of memories for me and it's delish. We continued our walk, Jimmy Johns (12 inch TurkeyTom add Cheese) in hand and made it to Chill. Which is actually delicious as well! Here is a pic, thanks to John-Michael trying to blackmail me.
We then walked, Chill in hand, to Samford and Toomers!! I made us snap these cute pictures!
Photobucket
I insisted we go to Samford Hall and of course, take a picture. Trey made fun of me saying, "I mean how many pictures of the tower do you need, you don't have to take one everytime you are in here. It looks the same everytime!" With which I responded, "Trey, I will remember that I took this particular picture the night (March 26th) I MADE you WALK to Samford and you gave me a hard time for taking this picture." See each time, there is a memory. :)
Photobucket
And here is sweet Toomer's Corner. She is clearly, dying a slow death. I just hate it, I asked everyone if they got mad at Henry Updyke, everytime they walked by and they said "Yes." I then asked if they cried everytime they walked by, (as I got teary), and they said "No." :) haha, I guess I'm emotional. (understatement probably)
Photobucket
Oh and don't worry, I go no where without a GROUP picture! No one left out, thanks to Self-Timer! Hunter said we should do a "Fun" one.
Photobucket
YAY for a good crew! Trey, JM, Adam, and Hunter, I know you are going to cherish this picture forever. We walked home after this photo, went to the Red Box at the Circle K (we're realllllly exciting) and rented........ Despicable Me. I know we really MISS college and all but we really act like we're either 13 or 63 (eating yogurt, watching movies). not sure. Sarah Beth and Tom and Alix W came over to watch too! Loved seeing them!
Photobucket
Saturday morning was quite a treat! We all slept late and went back downtown to enjoy Big Blug Bagel.... honeywheat bagel with cinnamon raisin walnut cream chease, hazelnut coffee, cheese grits and scrambled eggs! YUM. Then we ventured into Auburn Art, where I got this AWESOME James Dean print for my office. I'll take pictures of my office one day and show you! Also got to see sweet Taylor at Big Blue.....What a great way to start the morning.
Photobucket
The rest of the day was extremely chill. We sad outside, enjoyed visitors from Kacy Eoff, Sally Ware and The Haisten's! The dogwood trees in AU are glorious.... this is a special one in front of The Mag House. We ventured to MOES (new BBQ restaurant in downtown AU) to watch basketball, SB and Tom met us there! Then we watched the rain, showered and hung out at the Vault (formerly Bodega) and ate late night Five GUYS! We then ALL headed back to The Mag House and played Assassins!
Photobucket
The weekend was absolutely wonderful. It ended with Steve Scoggins at First Baptist Opelika with Cappy and lunch at Momma G's with The Jacks! Such a perfect Auburn Spring Weekend!


Also, TODAY (i started this post yesterday, clearly it was a busy day) YESTERDAY was this girls BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday Steph! Wish we were celebrating with a cake that we tried to make as good as yours tonight at the BH. Is that a run-on sentence, probably so, anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! ( I actually celebrated you at Chick Fil A on Kids night.... your fave ;)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment