Monday, July 9, 2012

I want to see Jesus.

This morning at 5:33, my sweet granddad went to be with the Lord.  He told us all he was tired and ready to see Jesus.  We are so thankful for his life and the way he loved his grandchildren and wife.  Ill always remember his blessing before meals and the tone of his voice when reading the Christmas Story.  He was a brilliant man with a degree from Mississippi State and doctorate degrees from both Auburn and University of Mississippi. I am 100% confident that every single person in my family was taught something from this man. Whether it be, how to tie a correct knot at the boat dock, the pythagorean theorem, how to herd cattle or take out a splinter. He was full of worldly knowledge like this. But more importantly, he was passionate about his Lord.  He would sit in his chair and read the bible for hours.  He was a man who never stopped researching and learning more about his faith.  He was never satisfied with his relationship with the Lord, but was constantly seeking more and more knowledge about his Savior.  This is something I will always remember. I know now, he is sitting in Jesus' lap asking a thousand questions.  He is now not only FULLY known but he knows FULLY the glory of God.  For this we are so grateful and even a bit envious of the complete holiness he is now experiencing.

Please pray for my sweet Nana as she mourns the death of her husband.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Leah. I hate to hear this! Love you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete