Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Faces | Haiti Highlight

I will exalt you, Lord,
    for you lifted me out of the depths 
    and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 
Lord my God, I called to you for help, 
    and you healed me.  psalm 30:1-2
 You turned my wailing into dancing; 
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever. psalm 30:11-12
I hate those who cling to worthless idols; 
    as for me, I trust in the Lord
I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
    for you saw my affliction 
    and knew the anguish of my soul.
You have not given me into the hands of the enemy
    but have set my feet in a spacious place. psalm 31:6-8
 But I trust in you, Lord;
    I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in your hands;
    deliver me from the hands of my enemies,
    from those who pursue me.
16 Let your face shine on your servant;
    save me in your unfailing love. psalm 31:14-16
Love the Lord, all his faithful people! 
    The Lord preserves those who are true to him, 
    but the proud he pays back in full.
24 Be strong and take heart, 
    all you who hope in the Lord. psalm 31:23-24
Therefore let all the faithful pray to you
    while you may be found; 
surely the rising of the mighty waters 
    will not reach them. 
You are my hiding place; 
    you will protect me from trouble 
    and surround me with songs of deliverance. psalm 32:6-7

20 We wait in hope for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice, 
    for we trust in his holy name. 
22 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
    even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:20-22


He loves us so much. He is good. And while we don't understand our circumstances and the circumstances of others, even orphans.  We can see his goodness in these sweet faces.  And because of that and so much more, we believe that his love is unfailing. always. forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment