Friday, August 6, 2010

Youre never too old

Many of you have probably already seen this but I couldn't resist. click on the links to see pictures of the cute couple.

Ruth & Jerry from Andy Donnan on Vimeo.

From Andy, the grandson and photographer:

"When I head that my grandmother was going to get married after just a few months of meeting Jerry, all of us were a bit worried, but what can you really do? She's happier than ever before and there's no way any of us were going to stand in the way of that. It's clear that they are in love and I'm proud of them for doing it right, even in their 80's.

She then said that they wanted to have a tiny ceremony, which ended up being on Tuesday at the church they both went to at some point in their life. I basically gave her no choice but told her I had to be at their wedding. After I showed her the photographs, she was thrilled that I was there to witness and record the event. Both of our families are very grateful for that.

My girlfriend and I arrived at the chapel about 45 minutes prior to the ceremony. We greeted Ruth and Jerry, who were sitting in the pew with the rings, flowers, and each other. We all waited for the pastor to arrive, and then an intimate wedding took place with just the five of us in the room.

I asked Jerry to hold the rings in the palm of his hand. I was amazed at how steady he could hold them, despite being nervous before the wedding. It was actually cute to see the both of them nervous! It's comforting to know that you can be in love at any age.

After the ceremony, it was cute to watch Jerry carefully assist his new bride outside of the chapel, where I had them stand for just a few images before they drove off in his Buick."


via southernweddingsmagazine

No comments:

Post a Comment